Mar 5, 2010

Papa's Story

"Sissy",thanks for making Brazil 2008 a trip I'll always remember. The reason Jeanine started calling me "Papa" is because we'd go to eat at Tonilu's restaurant in Itu and she'd ask for more Reis (Brazil dollars) from me, "Papa".
From then on I was "Papa" and she was "Sissy".
The plans for this trip at first looked as though several would be going then it ended up a group going to a camp for teens and just four of us; Jeanine, David, Karen and I would be doing Bible studies.
David came up with the name "Fab 4" and it fit.
I remember Jeanine had sent out dozens of letters for support way before we started working on raising our money. She was going to Brazil! We'd often greet each other with those words, "We're going to Brazil!"
The four of us would meet at our house and I'd try to share some Bibles stories and tips for sharing the Gospel to prepare us for the mission trip. Little did I know that God had already prepared "sissy" to be an imitator of Jesus. She didn't really even need her Bible. Like Jesus she always drew a crowd. People could feel God's love in each of those warm hugs of her's. She drew several women to her that needed a special touch. One of those was Thelma. There also was a family we studied with and their little girl's heart was broken to see sissy go.
The "Fab 4" laughed the whole trip because of sissy. Some moments I remember: anointing you with oil before we started the bus ride to Dallas, the four of us serving communion to the church in Itu, the way God used us to be His hands and feet, the energy you had at the concert and the fun we had even though it took 46 hours to get home. (I almost forgot those Tonilu chocolate shakes)

Obigado my friend,
Terry St. Pierre (Papa)

March 5, 2010 10:39 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment