Mar 5, 2010

It is good to remember that friends part but friendships don't die!

I was reminded again tonight that even though some lives intersect for a relatively brief time, bonds that are formed may never be broken.

A friend of Jeanine's (and of mine though I did not know her as well) named Gayla called tonight to check on Jeanine. She moved to Pennsylvania in 1981...after singing in mine and Herb's wedding in 1980! I haven't seen her in all of these years, but when she was in town last summer (for the first time in many years), she found Jeanine in the early stages of her Big Battle!

Gayla and I talked for a very long time and discovered some connections that intertwined in our lives while neither of us had a CLUE!!

It makes me think that even if one of a pair goes away...when there is a reunion you pick back up as if you'd never parted! Even on earth, haven't you experienced this with old classmates or friends...so it must be even more glorious to have those reunions in heaver! Just think of all the people you can hardly wait to see again. It is hard to imagine that seeing Jesus will be far greater than seeing those that we have walked with in the flesh, isn't it? It is so easy for me to long to see Mam-ma, and my Mom, and my brother David...my prayer is that I will ache and long to see my Saviour in that same, very real way.

What do you think Heaven holds?

No comments:

Post a Comment