Feb 28, 2010

Duane's thoughts

Two bits on Jeanne Wharton :

Cancer is a very private time, to stand up and fight the illness often requires more of your body than your body can deliver. Add to that the affect of a positive attitude and it is no wonder that the illness clams so many each year. It is here that I find my friend Jeanne who like all did not ask for this fight, but will not give in without one.

So here I find myself staring at a blank screen, wondering how to explain to you why Jeanne is so special to me, and in turn you can share. If you never knew Jeanine, then you can get to know here and love her through the stories that we convey.

My Jeanine story: I met Jeanine in the Front Porch Bible Class at Highland Church of Christ where she came in beaming a smile that all was good with the world and was followed closely by Dick who was pretty sure he was the one with the real story. After a while though, I saw quickly exactly how this tag team operated. Dick would roll out the real and Jeanne would give you another way to look at it, yet you never left the pair without thinking that a problem had not been fully explored. Personally, I never like Hugging... or better put I had weaned myself from needing to hug others until Jeanine made it a point to Hug me every Sunday for two or three months. Jeanine has always I guess been able to see through facade and once she sees the problem she will to try to help others.

One thing I might ask is: Can we help this couple with their bills and medicine? Nothing would please me more than that a rich oil baron would step forward, but in lieu of my grandiosity, I am just asking for a two-bit pledge of maybe 25.00 a month to help them out at this time. However, if this is far reaching I ask you “brother can you spare a dime?"

Thanks for your prayers and all your consideration. I am thankful that so many people love Dick and Jeanine! Now let's hear your story.....

3 comments:

  1. We listened in class today and felt the same thing.. Charles and I want to commit to a specific amount personally a week. Its a small thing to do for a couple that has done so much for so many people and NEVER asked for anything from anyone. I can't tell you the ways this couple has touched us so personally in so many ways. Their unique marriage has made Charles and I value our marriage even more.

    Shelly Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this. It helps me to feel more in touch & to be able to pray more specifically.
    Please Give Jeanine a BIG HUG from me & let her know that we are praying on this side of the world.
    Blessings,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz! Do you know what time it is??? Haha! Hope you get past all of your pent up jet lag soon! I'll let Jeanine know that you wrote :)

    ReplyDelete